Tuesday, October 30, 2012

An old Flame never dies Series with blogger friends #1: Krista from Junkindiggingettinglost

Good morning, everyone! 
I'm super excited to introduce my lovely blogger friend Krista from junkindiggingettinlost for this first week's edition of "An old flame never dies". 

Krista ist a college grad with a degree in Fashion Merchandising and current works in retail management who shares with us how she styles her oldies but goodies.

Hi Everyone,
my name is Krista from junkindiggingettinlost. A blog about my style and diggin' finds. 
My blog is my creative outlet and passion. It's where I share my thoughts, ideas, finds and parts of my life to the world.  Lots of thought and work goes into every one of my posts and I hope my viewers enjoy!!   
My love of fashion started with my grandmother.  I used to love going into her closet and seeing all her pretty things.  I used to love looking at her pictures when she was younger and made her own clothing.  She said she couldn't afford all the new trends, so her and her sisters would make them.  Of course, I was one of the little girls that had 100s of Barbies and loved to cut out my own paper dolls using my mom's old catalogs.  So, fashion and clothing has been apart of my entire life. 

here
** Blazer: JCrew (1.5 years) / Shirt: Brooks Brothers (1 year) / Scarf: Vintage (1 year) / Boots: Vintage Etienne Aigner (3 years) / Jeans: 7 For All Mankind (4 years) / Hat: Unknown (3 years) / Clutch: The Limited (4 years) / Belt: TJ Maxx (4 months) / Leg Warmers: Hue (1 month)  **

This is an outfit I wore to a Tennessee Titans football game on Sunday.  It was the perfect day for the game!  I made sure to layer because of the fall breeze.  All the items I have on I have had for over a year, minus the leg warmers.  Blazers are excellent items to invest in and never go out of style.  They allow you to wear them over and over again.  Layering is a way to shine a new life on old items.  Mixing colors, patterns and textures make an outfit stand out.


Thank you for sharing Krista you look absolutely adorable and make sure to check out her great blog everyone. She is truly a vintage queen, always finds the best thrifts :-)!

PS: If you wanna participate in my series make sure to let me know :-)


<3 Ani

15 comments:

  1. Excited about this series! Can't Wait to see what others do!! :) Thanks again for letting me be apart of it!!

    --Krista
    www.junkindiggingettinlost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layers! You look so gorgeous girl :) The hat and scarf are perfect touches to this outfit!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable outfit, love the layering! She is so cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so cute!! What great style!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her outfit! The hat is so cute and I love the boot socks!! So glad you've introduced me to a new blog!!
    I'd love to participate in the series Ani! I'm always trying to rework my older pieces! Let me know!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look, so cute! Today I pulled out an old LBD I found in my closet, and posted about it today. Nice to meet you Krista!

    XO http://shesaidhesaid-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look! I love all the layers and the hat is super cute!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wooww.. y really love your look, and your hat!!

    http://martisfreire.blogspot.com.es

    http://martisfreire.blogspot.com.es

    http://www.twitter.com/MartaFreire_

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am so in love with your beautiful hair and elegant style!

    want to follow each other? i will defiently follow back

    my blog:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amely, you have to ask Krista ;-). I am in love with her lovely hair and versatile style too :-)

      Delete
  10. I love this outfit!Thank you for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ani, thank you so much for introducing me to Krista and her blog! She has such a great style, and I really love the layers in this fabulous outfit!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving your hats!! I also love those boots with those warmers!! I am seeing it more and more and I need to try it!!

    oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I will check out her blog!!

    xo Ashley
    http://www.ashnfashn.com

    ReplyDelete